My client a leading financial organisation is looking for a Test Engineer (Manual Testing) who has and experience with Jira and Xray.
Also my client would prefer for the candidate to have some experience within the Investment Management arena.
The Test Engineer will devise and execute an effective multi-layered test plans that promotes quality solutions across the business. Also be expected to partner with various functions in understanding business need, helping devise testable solution, validating implementations and building functional regression packs.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Expert knowledge of practices, procedures and principles of testing
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle including agile principles, waterfall, V-model methodologies
- Experience with implementing continuous integration and promote continuous testing
- Experience with SQL, database validation and querying tools
- Strong understanding of both web and client-based solutions, database infrastructures, ETL, cloud and web services
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work closely and effectively with developers in an agile environment
- High desire to understand how things work with a demonstrated ability to learn things quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment
- Experience testing asset management solutions technology, specifically trading and compliance processes including trading lifecycle
Duties and responsibilities
- Works closely with business stakeholders, developers, business/data analyst and other product team members to ensure overall quality of solution
- Acts as a user advocate by thoroughly understanding business processes and engaging in business requirements review via identifying gaps/ambiguity and ensuring overall testability
- Deeply understands solution architecture/implementation as well as dependencies between solutions across the organisation; participates in solution architecture activities ensuring testability and ability to address both technical and business requirements
- Collaborates with Test Automation Architects in helping define, evolve and promote enterprise test strategy
- Devises and executes on a multi-layered testing approaches (database, middle tier, front end)
- Creates and executes internal functional SIT, Joint testing with vendors.
- Performs testing against middle layers of solutions.
- Responsible for all functional and regression testing activities related to assigned scope
- Supports UAT, operational and Parallel testing phases as needed
- Collaborates with delivery team and/or Product Owners in troubleshooting root cause of issues
- Reports issues discovered per standardised tools and processes
- Promptly communicates discovered risk to delivery team and Quality Assurance manager
- Promotes testing best practices and proper SDLC
- Looks for opportunities to improve test execution and overall delivery
- Mentors less experienced members of the team