My client is based in Bedford and are looking for a Service Charge Assistant to help with their busy and vibrant team. The role is a *temp to perm* role and will pay up to £13.50 per hour , dependant on experience.
*Please also note - this role will be full time working from home*
Please only apply for this role if you have working knowledge of the below - Service Charges / Rent Charges - thank you.
Job Duties: Full JD will be supplied upon successful application:
- To assist with setting and reviewing rents for all rental and home ownership products.
- Assist with rent setting for new and re-let rented properties and shared ownership properties.
- To assist the annual rent review, working collaboratively with the rest of the organisation.
- To follow processes to minimise the risk of rents being set or reviewed incorrectly.
- To assist the business in setting and reviewing service charges for both rental and home ownership properties. Analysing data to uncover exceptions and issues to aid recovery of costs and delivery of value for money for tenants and leaseholders.
- To assist the organisation, where directed, regarding the design of new development schemes to set appropriate service charge cost and administration.
- To assist the annual review of fixed service charges, ensuring the charges are accurate and effectively communicated to customers.
- To assist the annual reconciliation of variable service charges ensuring that the charges are accurate and effectively communicated to customers.
- To assist the effective management of rent and service charge queries and challenges.
Who are we looking for?
- Lease management/service charge experience
- Experience of rent setting
- Finance or Housing/Property experience
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of budget setting
- A flexible approach with the ability to deliver services in an environment of change
- Ability to focus on the end customer receiving the service
- Strong attention to detail
- Approachable with a positive outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues