SAP Lead Service Delivery Manager
£135,000 + Package
We are achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world's trade flows across our global network.
We is on multi-year program to revamp its technology and digital solutions footprint and as part of new strategy, SAP will act as the 'digital core' for company's finance processes enabled by SAP's latest cloud and S4HANA offerings. Currently ECC based SAP finance solutions running for Ocean and logistics divisions and plan is to subsume these solutions within revamped green field S4HANA implementations. You will be part of the Finance & Tax Platform team, leading the SAP service management areas with ownership from service introduction and service operations while ensuring top class application availability, services stability and end users satisfaction. Your focus will be on Operational Excellence and will include planning for and mitigating operational risks in our application estate.
We are operating in more than 130 countries across the world and with rapidly and constantly changing business and technology environment, the role offers an exciting opportunity to shape the vision, implementation and run of Finance SAP solutions for the group.
As an organization with global presence, joining us is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you to work with people of diverse talents & background. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, India, London, Hague and Charlotte. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
- We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups
- Lead our SAP Operations services strategy, services portfolio and associated services catalogue
- Responsible for service introduction (based on new SAP implementations, releases and rollouts) to services stabilization
- Work with senior business product leaders and technology engineering managers in defining service levels (incidents resolution, problem management, availability, automation/self service etc) and operationalizing for well defined services outcomes
- Lead regular service delivery review meetings with key business/technology stakeholders and take ownerships of actions
- Take ownership of service issues and manage them through to successful conclusion, putting service improvements plans in place where required; monitor/report progress against these plans
- Ensure a cost effective and customer focused service delivery model
- Ensure that highly effective service transitions is in place and adhered to, supporting seamless movement of project/program deliveries into business as usual
- Lead via a matrix set up by working closely with engineering managers and application managers across SAP and non-SAP applications with Finance portfolio
- Develop the strategy to bring DevOps way of working and work with multiple stakeholders in operationalize the same
- Responsible for relationship with our AMS services partner to ensure consistent and superior service delivery
- Implement industry best practices methodologies and standard way of working based on ITIL methodologies to ensure the highest quality delivery of output from the application support team
- Actively work with platform architects and engineering managers in bringing the "voice of support and system" in managing technical debt, delivering on must do patching/upgrades, housekeeping activities.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 15 years' experience with SAP implementation and SAP services management with large global organisations with large SAP installations across multiple geographies. Additionally, experience of non SAP technologies is also highly desirable
- Rich experiences in leading end to end services delivery, with demonstrable experience with improving service
levels and business outcomes
- Commercial awareness with large SAP AMS contracts
- Experience of working with large diverse and distributed teams in multi-vendor set ups and large inhouse engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working experience in Agile/DevOps model
- SAP functional/technical skills, S/4 HANA experience highly desirable;
- Any of those certifications ITIL/project management/agile
- Highly motivated and work well under pressure;
- An individual who respects the opinion of others; yet can drive a decision though the team;
- Credible with senior stakeholders and able to hold their own in conversations at this level.
- Collaborative mindset across business functions
- Flexibility to work on different time-zones
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with leadership quality
- Cultural understanding and experienced working in multi-cultural teams
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Business or Engineering