Service Desk Manager
Hybrid working model
This role is to lead a service desk function for the OurTime Work Force Management programme, ensuring excellent customer service standards, managing incident life cycles, overseeing triage, supporting root cause analysis process, and developing a key function. Our Time is a major WFM project, rolling out a time and attendance system across the majority of the sites. You will ensure that your team deal with issues and problems efficiently and effectively, leading a team of 4 service desk operators and Team Leader interacting with up to 10 resolver groups. You will be required to develop and ensure standards and processes, ensure adherence and vocalise issues and/or concerns to the Programme Team in a timely and balanced manner. There will be interaction with multiple stakeholders and departments so clear communication will be crucial.
If you are someone who enjoys working to high standards, developing teams and process, this role is could be a great opportunity for you.
This is a position in a fast-paced environment and will require excellent priority management and people skills
This role will be primarily based in Parklands, Birmingham with provision for some working from home.
As a Service Desk Manager, you will take responsibility for
- Running the Our Time frontline Service Desk using the Jira Platform.
- Mange WFM queries relating to some payroll, data structure, pay rules, configuration, and hardware.
- Managing a team of up to 4 Service Desk Operators and a team leader.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of data bases and knowledge banks
- Develop process to improve the operation of the team and deliver efficient and effective responses to the end users
- Support Programme by highlighting trends and problems
- SME centre of excellence
- Investigation of open tickets, ensuring timely closure, and reporting trends
- Liaise with other function service desks to ensure timely transfer of information.
- Maintain service levels to deliver key SLA's
- Manage, lead and develop front facing colleagues
- Monitor and assess service desk processes and performance and implement improvements
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure issues are accurately identified and resolved
- Identify and escalate any risks and issues where appropriate
- Cross training/knowledge share across the in-house System Administration function
- Support communication with sites and sectors
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of working on a range of service desk solutions
- Experience of using and developing Jira
- Experience of successfully leading a team and driving improvement
- Workforce Management application experience
- Operational experience in more than one catering environment or HR central function
- Experience of key interlinking systems such as payroll, HR, IT, or Time & Attendance
- Strong ability to able to communicate to business stakeholders
- You will have an eye for detail, be logical and disciplined
- Positive and proactive approach
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining the highest service levels
- Lead a team by example
- Solution focus