Investigo's key client is seeking an experienced ServiceNow Developer to join an existing team. This role is working 100% remotely. The ServiceNow developer will be a technology subject matter expert responsible for the analysis, design, development, and implementation of enhancements/developments to the ServiceNow platform with a deep understanding of ITSM, HR and custom apps. You will be proficient in handling platform integrations and working in an agile team.
- Develop excellent quality ServiceNow customisation's using agile techniques such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Ensure ServiceNow development practices align with existing internal development team standards
- Assist the IT operations team to apply DevOps practices around the development and support of the ServiceNow platform
- Works closely with others in the team and the Platform Lead to ensure that capabilities of the platform are aligned with vision and strategy.
- Perform administration duties and configuration tasks in ServiceNow including standard configuration, security, workflow, data management and integration.
- Ability to take ownership of stories, defects or bugs to resolution ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed.
- Liaising with systems development staff and software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to assist with pre-release and release processes including final testing, corrections, and documentation preparation
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow of the platform and its best practices and latest features, including expertise in setting up the full ServiceNow solution and its integration with other products.
- Proven experience and knowledge of delivering cloud based SAAS (preferably ServiceNow) solutions and best practices including the latest features, solution set up and integration with other products.
- Proficient Use of Software revision control systems, e.g. Git.
- Expert practical knowledge and experience of scripting - including use of data table structures, Business Rules, UI Policies, ACL's, and utilisation of REST/SOAP integrations.
- Technical expert on application integrations, data transformations, ServiceNow MID Servers, Active Directory etc. around ServiceNow based around configuration and development.
- Excellent customer facing skills to act as a technical subject matter expert when engaging with the business or process owners, capable of taking technical requirements and presenting these back in simple, clear and concise terminology.