Site Reliability Engineer
My client has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer, based out of East Midlands with an exceptional hybrid working arrangement.
Role and Responsibilities
Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You will have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You will promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organisation
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organisation to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture and Research and Innovation Teams to Develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for the delivery and improvement of large-scale, customer focused SaaS platforms.
- Working with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations and the wider Implementations, Service Delivery, Development and Support teams delivering an ongoing infrastructure services vision, to enable innovation and seek to leverage IT trends that can create business value.
- Experience of working with acquisition teams for integration of Product related Operational environments.
- Ensure that choices, decisions, and options are communicated and demonstrated to senior management.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in production 24/7 high-availability multi-site, multi-vendor cloud-based SaaS environments including application hosting and data networks, security, and information security protection.
- Thorough understanding of automation and orchestration principles
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools such as: New Relic, OpsGenie, Uptime monitoring, CloudTrail, CloudWatch Insights, Azure Monitor, Application Insights
- Extensive working knowledge managing AWS, Azure, Data Centre, and on-premises infrastructures.
- Experience working with MSSQL, MySQL & PostgreSQL in both on-premise and cloud-based environments as well as demonstrable knowledge and experience of AWS and Azure database service technologies i.e. SQLAzure, Aurora MySQL
- Experience of working with NoSQL database technologies (ideally MongoDB and preferably experience of Mongo Atlas).
- Experience of working with orchestration, containerisation and pipeline automation scripting and tooling i.e. Docker, Helm, Terraform & Kubernetes (K8)
- SRE/DevOps experience and comfortable operating software in a Linux & Windows based environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud based storage services and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology (Meraki), high availability, and disaster recovery architecture.
- Communication and related technologies as well as best practices in application and network security.
- All round technical knowledge of software development, infrastructure, SaaS architecture, Support and IT security.
- Experience of working alongside development functions delivering software within an agile development environment.
- Strong team working and cross functional team collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage diverse stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly