Solution Architect - Remote - Public Sector
The Solution Architect will be a key member of the Architecture team within my clients Local Government Partnership organisation and will act as the primary point of reference for all aspects of the solution across the full lifecycle including solution and service architecture, and has an excellent view of IT industry trends and directions.
The role will engage with senior managers / customers and shape / influence the organisation's solution. They will provide expertise in one or more business and/or technical domains. They operate at a senior customer and supplier level, responsible for end-to-end solution & service design and delivery, including risk assessment and negotiation on issues such as cost, quality and timescales.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that all blueprints, roadmaps and solution proposals that are written for our projects and programmes are consistent, accurate, and commercially viable and have passed through the relevant governance and approval boards before being submitted to our customers. The individual should possess knowledge and expertise in the development and deployment of medium to large-scaled local government solutions with particular emphasis on best practice techniques to solving transition and transformation problems in the business in alignment with industry recognised frameworks.
The Solution Architect takes ownership of the overall solution which meets a client's business needs; this includes:
- Ensuring standard approach is used and reference library for Bid/projects is maintained
- Providing consultancy style advice and guidance to the business on ICT solutions and services
- Architecting an economical and effective solution which can be delivered within the client's budget
- Understanding the overall business strategy and high level business case to ensure the solution meets the requirements and the identified business benefits can be realised
- Working collaboratively with the client to agree and achieve a solution which meets the critical success factors
- Effective and innovative use of partners, industry best practice and internal skills and delivery capabilities
Skills / Attributes/ Qualifications:
- Experience of leading or supporting the translation of business requirements into technical system design and architecture
- Experience within the public sector
- Experience with a variety of business applications
- Experience and ability to use service improvement techniques such as BPR, LEAN and root cause analysis.
- Experience of Architecture Frameworks and Tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, BCS Enterprise & Solutions Architecture)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to make and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. clients, suppliers) and team members to deliver results.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, taking an organised and methodical approach to identify priorities, maximise time and ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Sound commercial acumen to ensure proposed solutions are cost effective, viable and consider the full ROI (capital and operational costs).
- Experience and ability to use processes, tools and techniques associated with Solution Design and Business Modelling (including business process re-engineering) to identify service improvement and new solutions for service delivery.
- Experience of working within a customer focus area with the ability to understand and anticipate customers' current and future needs and aspirations.
- Experience and ability to facilitate workshops with internal and external stakeholders
- ITIL qualified to minimum of ITIL foundation, supplemented with appropriate experience