A public sector client are looking for Specialist Technical Support (Level 4) to provide effective customer service across the organisation around ICT. They will provide high level technical support to internal and external customers.
Contract: 3 Months
Pay: £250 Daily
Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team and providing some local supervision of work colleagues as required, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service.
To provide a high level of technical support across the organisation, both to internal customers and to external customers ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications and equipment.
1. To provide a technical support level.4 capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
2. To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
3. To deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
4. To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
5. To provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
6. To help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
7. To diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification and resolution.
8. To maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
9. To technically support the operation and control of the ICT estate as required to maintain, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the force.
10. To be familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
11. To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
12. To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
13. To delegate for the Specialist Technical Support Lead as required.
To lead a team, managing their welfare and ensuring high levels of motivation.
To monitor and manage the performance of the team, identify and address issues and improve team/individual performance, ensuring adherence to professional standards.
To assess individual capabilities and development needs and agree appropriate development plans to enable high performance and potential progression.
To co-ordinate the work of the team, directing activities, monitoring progress and managing competing demands and priorities to ensure the best use of available resources.
To supervise and monitor the handling of information and record keeping, ensuring alignment with legislation, policies and guidance.
To monitor and report on team expenditure to ensure the efficient use of available budgets and maximise value for money.
To evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within own area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation and enable continuous improvement.