SQL Server DBA - Liverpool
Planning and executing on strategic database activities including on more complex issues:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Sqlserver server software and products
- Creating and sizing database storage structures and database objects
- Plan for capacity planning and make recommendations accordingly
- Planning for and actual backup and recovery of database information
- Setting strategic direction for database platforms
- Good knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS is asset
- Configure Log shipping, Mirroring, Clustering without support
- Advance Technology Knowledge on Always On/HA/Mirroring/Migration Strategy.
- Strong experience of working with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019
- Experience in managing 24*7 production server, huge databases and multiple instances
- Proficiency in logical/physical data modeling/architecture design.
- Excellent skill in T-SQL Performance Tuning.
- Experience with MS SQL Server log shipping, replication, database mirroring and high availability like AlwaysOn
- Experience with MS SQL Agent and features: maintenance plan, scheduled jobs, alert, SQL Mail and DB Mail
- Experience with performance tuning, execution plan, trouble shooting, index and statistics
- Good knowledge of active-active cluster, SAN storage, data partitioning, multi-thread environment
- Good knowledge of and skills in database security design and implementation
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts, related tools and utilities
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good time management, project management, and organisation skills
Full job description and company details available