Global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on rare diseases.
Greater San Francisco area
Scientist I/II, AAV Purification - Gene Therapy Research - Full-time, permanent (not fully remote). Individual will be required to be on-site
This individual will be a key contributor in the Genetics Research and Delivery Group. This person will be responsible for supporting the purification of research grade AAV vectors and downstream process development efforts. Other responsibilities include:
- Design and conduct purification projects and process development activities including column and membrane chromatography, filtration and membrane separations, scale-up, and technology transfer
- Support the purification of research grade AAV vectors for early stage research projects
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field with 2-5 years of relevant experience; OR a MS degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience, OR a BS degree with a minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in AAV downstream purification
- Demonstrated experience developing successful harvest, filtration, chromatography, and other AAV unit operations
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contact with further details.