Stealth-mode AAV gene therapy and engineering company
Greater Los Angeles, CA area
Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Downstream AAV Process Development - permanent, full-time
This individual will lead the downstream optimization of AAV processing and purification. This person will design and execute experiments focusing on the optimization of AAV production and purification in a scalable system.
The Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Downstream AAV Process Development will have a role in the preparation of large-scale harvests, purification of the virus, as well as perform other standard molecular biology assays.
Laboratory activities will be approximately 75% of the time.
- BS or MS with a minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience in a biotech, pharma, or academic setting OR a PhD with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in HPLC and protein purification
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques
- Prior experience working with gene therapy vectors would be strongly preferred
- Experience with AAV purification
- Experience with downstream processing of viral vectors
- Experience with GMP
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now to be contacted with further details. This is not a fully remote role.