Stock/Inventory Accounting Manager
6 month FTC
A well-known retailer are looking for a Stock/Inventory Accounting Manager experience to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
The purpose of this role is to ensure accountability for the overall accuracy and completeness of Inventory;
Manage physical inventory controls, accurately completing a month end checklist.
Prepare and delivery monthly financial reconciliation and reports for Inventory reporting.
Manage and assist with processing of inventory adjustments, transfers and count adjustments.
Key Experience Required
- Experience of detailed and complex balance sheet reconciliations, including Inventory.
- Knowledge of accounting costing models, including standard costs.
- Design and document a leading global process for the end to end reporting, control and forecasting of stock. Engaging with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure processes are best in class, consistent, and understood at all sites across the UK and Internationally
- Ensure the financial accounting is accurate for stock in all locations this includes ensuring that all sites have the controls in place to be able to support stock balances at the period end close as appropriate
- Ensure that robust and meaningful month end reporting and KPI's are created to enable FD's and heads of insight into the inventory and FMCG area of the business that can help drive meaningful business decisions including risk and opportunities
- Ensure that the year end and periodic surprise stock count audits are effectively managed and communicated with the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner, this includes liaising with the external audit team as required
- Ownership of appropriate controls contained within the Financial Control Framework (FCF) and to be implemented SOX controls. Assist the BU Financial Controller with overseeing the development and management of the UK financial control framework for Inventory, FMCG and Central overheads.