Investigo have been retained on an exciting new opportunity within one of our key clients. The role of Strategic Financial Analyst supports both the Finance and the Investor Relations team and be responsible for maintaining the company's valuation model, performing financial analysis and working closely with the board and the shareholders.
This is a highly skilled forward looking commercial finance role, with a focus on the valuation of the company. The role will help develop company strategies and forecasts, with significant exposure to both senior management and company strategy.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working with the senior management team to manage and maintain the valuation model to ensure that it reflects an accurate valuation of the company
- Working with the Finance team to understand the impact of business operations activities on the valuation of the portfolio and manage ongoing KPIs
- Providing analysis updates in the monthly business report, annual budget and rolling forecast
- Preparing quarterly analysis reports including variance analysis to shareholders
- Supporting on key business cases and investment appraisals for acquisitions and disposals
- Building and maintaining financial models to support strategic decision-making relating to investments, M&A, and future refinancing and debt raising activities
- Responsibility for financial analysis in relation to ROI and NPV
- Working with the Finance team to understand the impact of tax and structuring options on the valuation of the portfolio
- Assisting with key interactions with the company's rating agencies
- Analysis of overall portfolio characteristics
- Monitoring of operational projects against upsides and driving value through savings/improvements
- Opportunities for taking on other Investor Relations responsibilities.
- ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CFA or MBA desired
- Experience of complex financial modelling in Excel, including detailed long term cashflow modelling
- Good technical accounting ability
- Some experience of project finance is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels especially to senior management
If interested in this role, please contact Andy Young at Investigo on 07711373314