Our Public Sector client is looking to recruit an Interim Systems & Reporting Accountant. Previous Public Sector experience is essential for this position.
To ensure that the organisation maximises benefit from its use of the SAP system it uses via shared service arrangements with partners. The job holder will support colleagues within the Management Accounting team to deliver an excellent service to directorate colleagues, by ensuring that system outputs are available as required.
- Delivering system generated reporting output for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting purposes
- Control financial reporting within the team, ensuring that a standardised approach to all recording and reporting is taken across the various areas of the business.
- Maintaining the accounting hierarchy structures and providing advice to colleagues regarding reporting solutions to produce the outputs required by directorate colleagues.
- Understanding the capabilities of the system infrastructure and recommending best practice use of the system to improve the reporting and analysis available across the organisation.
- Defining and documenting agreed processes, both within the team and across the organisation, to ensure that consistent methods of recording are always utilised.
- Improve the accuracy of system outputs to instil trust in the financial system, eliminating offline models
- Owner for monthly and quarterly reporting outputs from the team, ensuring that a timetable is agreed and maintained and that colleagues are clear on the deliverables for which they are responsible. Co-ordinating with colleagues to ensure that the team's outputs are delivered on time every time.
- Driving continuous improvement in reporting and systems use, exploiting functionality of the system to its optimum.
- Significant experience of working with a large ERP system, preferably SAP with a track record of identifying and implementing system improvements to improve the reporting and analysis available across the organisation.