Technical Accounting Analyst
Straight from Practice
Global FMCG / Retail Brand
up to £60,000 + great benefits + 10% discretionary bonus
Hybrid Working (2 days pw office)
We are looking for a pro-active technical accounting analyst to join our Central Finance department and support the growth and standardisation of our group financial reporting. The Group is growing and expanding rapidly and we're now looking to ensure that our wider finance teams are supported across all areas of technical reporting, compliance and monthly consolidation process.
The candidate would ideally be recently qualified looking for their first move into industry with a passion for technical accounting and reporting.
· Monitor and help coordinate the group audit calendar ensuring timely reporting
· Support in group audit related matters
· Monitor and liaise with wider finance teams to ensure the timely and accurate submission of annual Statutory Reporting for all group entities
· Stay updated on accounting standards and regulations relevant to the group and assess their potential impacts
· Contribute to projects from a Technical Accounting perspective on the impact assessment and implementation of IFRS amendments
· Support in ensuring robust accurate and up to date documentation is in place for all new and existing accounting policies and processes and supporting in further development as needed
· Support on the monthly group consolidation process
· Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls
· Monitor group's compliance with any agreements, laws and regulations and bank reporting requirements
· Supports in management reporting when needed
· Support other tasks as and when the need arises
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
· Big 4 audit background (ideally first-time mover to industry)
· Strong technical knowledge and understanding of IFRS [particularly IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 10, IAS 38, IAS 2]
· Knowledge and practical experience of consolidation with multi-currencies
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with external auditors and internal teams.
· Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and precision.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Deadline oriented mindset
Additional skills desired:
· Experience with luxury sector and/or production experience is a plus
· Awareness of other accounting standards outside of IFRS
· Project management experience