Test Architect (Manual to Automation Project) - Contract, Outside IR35
Location & Duration: Remote, with weekly visits (1 day p/w) to Nottingham - 6 months
Rate & Engagement: Outside IR35 - to £650 per day
Our industry leading client is looking to engage a highly skilled Test Architect for one of their biggest projects this year, transitions from manual to automation. Working with the Head of Software Development, Head of Testing and CTO, you'll work with cross-functional teams (inc. devs, testers, BAs, POs, etc) as the technical conduit to plan how their business utilises test automation more and more; this will include tools selection and recommendation, guidance around process, making better use of CI/CD pipelines and help them to deliver a whole host of new features to the core application. We're looking for someone to add real value in a short space of time and there's an opportunity for a longer-term engagement with numerous key initiatives about to kick off over the next 6 months.
What do we need?
- Strong experience with both manual testing and test automation.
- Experience selecting the best tools for use and designing test process to help continually drive better code quality.
- Experience designing and building test plans and strategy for scalable web applications, with consideration of performance, security, maintainability, and integration's.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced Agile business.
- Any cloud architecture experience or certifications (preferably Azure) would be hugely beneficial.
- Testing principles, testing types, and methodologies.
- Agile using CI/CD pipeline
- UI and API Automation framework design, creation and methodology
- Performance Testing
- Non-Functional Testing (inc Accessibility)
- OOP, SOLID and SQL
- BDD, TDD, ATDD
- Cloud tools and technologies (ideally Microsoft Azure)
This is an outside IR35 engagement with a day rate on offer of up to £650 per day. Initial contract duration will be 6 months. Interviews to take place immediately - therefore an immediate start is preferred. The successful consultant will be able to travel to their Nottingham HQ 1 day per week for the duration of the contract.
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to email@example.com if you need any further information feel free to contact me on 0797 151 0752; I can make myself available outside of normal working hours to suit you.