Do you have a Transport background? Have you had exposure to people management? My client is looking for a Transport Operation Support Manager to join their market leading business based in Wigan. Not only does my client offer progression but also a fantastic benefits scheme.
- Responsible for Transport and Gatehouse team functions based at Wigan.
- Leading and motivating a team of skilled Service Delivery Crews, Shift Managers, First Line Managers, Team Leaders and Shunters.
- Deliver operational requirements, improve efficiency, and meet all KPI's.
- Identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies within the Transport function, recommending and implementing changes where needed.
- Proactively respond to changes or issues relating to service levels.
- Managing on-site resources (colleagues, vehicles and equipment) to ensure we have everything required in the right place, at the right time - to not only meet, but also flex, to our customers' changing needs.
- Making prompt decisions which protect customer service and our delivery schedule, as well as remaining commercially focused.
- Create and maintain a high-performing culture within the Transport and Gatehouse teams.
- Seek out and implement effective improvement opportunities.
- Lead on the engagement, development, and performance management of existing colleagues to improve standards and quality.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for the role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 3+ years' experience employed within an operational management or similar transport management role.
- Experience and knowledge of improving transport operations and introducing operational excellence.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent knowledge of Road Transport Regulations.
- First class people skills and strong management skills; able to motivate, influence, coach and develop your teams.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Transport Manager CPC desirable, but not essential (however you must be willing to study for Transport Manager CPC as part of development in this role).
- Annual Leave - 33 days entitlement (including statutory bank holidays) which increases with service
- Enhanced Pension Plan options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
This position is paying up to £45,000 and is working a 45 hour week - Monday - Friday. The successful candidate will have three direct reports.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a real passion for transport and someone who wants to build their career in a fast paced working environment where they will be fully supported my senior management.