Treasury Accounts Assistant
Up to £30k + Study support
SW London / Hybrid working
I am currently recruiting for a fantastic developmental role working for a Global Retail Brand in London. This role is a Treasury Accounts assistant role, which offers a lot of exposure and the opportunity for someone bright, with a couple of years experience as an accounts assistant to take their career to the next level.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Post all daily, weekly and monthly journal entries covering bank statements for 30 multi-currency bank accounts across various subsidiaries (covering debit and credit cards, cash receipts, suppliers and non-suppliers payments, bank loans and interest payments)
- Maintain FX forward contracts schedules used for month end by Management Accountants
- Monitor foreign currencies balances and initiate Intercompany payments in various currency to maintain optimum balance of foreign currencies
- Post intercompany transactions cash receipts and payments
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Cash Control account reconciliations for stores & web store for different payment types & currencies (Barclaycard, AMEX, Cash, Paypal) & query discrepancies
- Investigate difference and unreconciled transactions, including coordinating with other departments
- Post non-polled refunds processed by Customer Service and web related channels
- Raise non-supplier related payments in Lloyds bank (e.g. HMRC, loans & interest repayment)
- Assist Management Accountants in the preparation of cash flow forecasting
- Assisting the Treasury Accounting Supervisor in various projects
- Main contact in relation to bank transactions during yearly audit
- The main point of contact for Bank related amendments & queries (e.g. user set-ups, mandate changes, payment recalls, and bank account closures)
- Responsible for HO petty cash reconciliation
- Raise payroll payments as and when needed
- The main point of contact in Finance for store banking related queries & store G4S cash solutions
- Monthly cheque & cash deposits to main bank account via our local Lloyds branch
- Check Payroll batches are complete for payday
- Assisting during annual audit in relation to UK bank related queries
- Monitor/maintain the Accounts & Banking Queries mailboxes
- External archiving of store banking related documentation
- BS in Accounting or similar with a minimum of two years of experience.
- Knowledge of banking and experience with online banking.
- Experience in the retail sector is a plus.
- Is self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Has good communication, follow up, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Ability to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines