Investigo are currently partnered with a private equity backed central London based business who are looking to hire a capable accountant assist with their growing UK function.
This role will primarily focus on;
- Prepare and coordinate all day to day accounting activities of the UK head office entities with weekly, monthly and annual statutory reporting
- Assure financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting in accordance with accounting standards and group policies for UK head office entities (IFRS and UK GAAP)
- Ensure timely and accurate VAT, payroll and tax compliance for UK head office entities
- Support group finance and operational teams with adhoc and regular activities including consolidated financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Hands on, timely delivery of weekly, monthly and annual group statutory accounting and reporting requirements accurately, in accordance with group policies.
- Daily accounting and multi currency cash management / reporting working closely with group treasury to ensure sufficient liquidity of UK head office entities.
- Interface with Auditors and tax advisors providing required information accurately and timely for entities assigned
- Manage all accounting and reporting for UK head office entities
- Ensure full compliance to the group control environment and policies in the UK for financial processes
- Prepare and post invoices for group recharges to operating subsidiaries in full compliance with group transfer pricing policy.
- Cooperate with other initiatives & enable work streams as a proactive team player
- Account for and process financial statements and reports to accurately reflect the financial results of the UK companies and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of management reporting information to support and inform management decisions with regards to financial planning, control and performance management processes.
- Assist with consolidation of management accounts for the Group with variance analysis of the UK and consolidated monthly accounts
- Assist on special projects which may include reporting process improvement, implementation of policies and procedures, FP&A and treasury support and integration of new businesses.
- Provide support for Group financial statement monthly and annual consolidation process.
- Formalise accounting processes and related policies for the UK companies in line with group.
- Prepare, validate and circulate accurate and timely weekly sales reports, ensuring integrity of data and explanations for key variances.
- Prepare UK VAT returns
- Support pricing analyst in preparation of analysis and related sales invoices.
- Support central UK procurement function and credit control.
- Annual P11D / production process.
- An experienced qualified accountant, ideally ACA or ACCA from a prestigious accounting firm
- Progressive hands on experience in financial consolidation, statutory and management accounting, reporting, analysis and internal control
- Strong working knowledge of new UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of hands on transactional accounting and reporting for head office at a quality mid size commercial enterprise
- Ability to analyse and interpret the key trends that affect the business as a whole.
- Advanced Excel proficiency, (pivot tables, dynamic files creation, macros, etc)
- 5 years of experience, incl. Hands on accounting management for a mid to large international environment with strong European cultural awareness
- Proven experience in continuous improvement initiatives, organizational development, change management, culture initiatives, new ways of working