Investigo are partnering with a reputable Bedfordshire client looking to recruit a UK Assistant Financial Accountant.
In the position of UK Assistant Financial Accountant Bedford, you will support the Senior Financial Accountant to ensure financial controls are adhered in line with company standards. Other key duties to include:
- Uphold an environment that puts people's health, wellbeing and safety and engagement at the forefront.
- Embed corporate social responsibility (CSR) into yours and your teams' ways of working.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations with regards to both judgemental and technical accounting areas.
- Assist with the preparation of the balance sheet, cashflow and working capital budgets/forecasts.
- Assist with the investigation and correction of balance sheet accounts, putting through corrective entries as appropriate.
- Assist with improvements to accounting processes eg. stock, FX, leases etc.
- Liaise with the external and internal auditors.
- Assisting internal and external auditors in the evaluation of control environment.
- Assist with completion of external reporting including but not limited to FCA returns, ONS, PSA and insurance returns.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts for the two main trading entity and all related dormant entities.
- Deputise with support as part of your development.
- Working on ad-hoc projects in line with company's strategy and growth plans.
The successful candidate will need to be at final stages of AAT or early stage ACCA/ACA
Proven experience of dealing with internal and / or external auditors.
Keen eye for detail with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
Excellent skills in the use of Word and Excel.
£24,000 to £27,000 plus annual bonus circa 10% plus full benefits package