Investigo are pleased to be supporting a household name with the recruitment of a UK Financial Controller to be based in their Uxbridge offices. The role would give you autonomy of the companies general ledger activities, IFRS16 reporting & full month-end accounting, you'd also be responsible for leading a team of 4. If you consider yourself to be a driven & determined finance professional, with ambition to progress your career, this could be a great move for you, joining a cash rich household name.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial system and general ledger structure
- Full Month-end accounting close, along with commentary on variances and reports for monthly Board Packs.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - Reviewing site level budgets and forecasts, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Responsible for monitoring and analysing the applicable general ledger activity, ensuring team balance sheet reconciliations are performed and reconciling items are accounted for on a timely basis.
- Ensuring IFRS16 reporting is completed accurately.
- Reviewing rent cash control Balance Sheets and understanding how these are affected by IFRS16 lease changes
- Works closely with the FP&A director to implement the overall Finance department vision, strategy and objectives.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives within the G/L process area and across the finance report team as a whole.
- Special projects - Where required, involvement in all new business ventures to ensure integrity and timely set up of general ledgers, and associated reporting processes, policies and procedures to meet business requirements.
- Direct and mentor reporting accountants - Provide training and guidance to effectively manage their responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with FP&A director to define performance targets and objectives and monitor employee performance.
- Assist with co-ordination of external audits
- Ad hoc tasks as required