A large Government client are seeking User End Computing Engineers (1st Line Service Desk Support) based in Newcastle, who are able to commute to the office on average 2 days a week. This role will be inside IR35 at £140 per day on an initial 6 month contract.
- The main duties will be to follow the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment processes to clear a backlog of incidents and requests.
- First point of contact for customers, delivering a professional service to meet our customer's needs.
- Provide first line support by diagnosing/resolving incidents and escalating incidents and requests to appropriate teams.
- Leaver process. Administer process for leavers. Undertake tasks such as liaising with leaver and line manager, system accounts, retrieval and processing of hardware. Experience using ITSM tool ServiceNow would be desirable as all actions have to be recorded and workflows followed.
- Provisioning of laptops and smartphones. Prepare devices for new starters and for replacement devices.
- Using ServiceNow our service management tool you will accurately record actions and monitor progress through to resolution. Log, track and maintain secure and accurate information of all assets in the asset management Lifecycle ensuring asset management processes are strictly adhered to.
- Experience supporting Office 365, Windows 10 & Microsoft Teams will be desirable.
- Liaise with colleagues via phone, teams, email and chat
Please get in touch with Lauren Pocknell ASAP to be considered for this position.