Incident Specialist | UTC | Yunex | Birmingham | Inside IR35 | Remote with some travel to Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has risen for an UTC (Urban Traffic Control) Specialist to join our team. This is a dynamic role where you will use your technical knowledge and know how to manage the lifecycle of traffic lights incident faults and deliver a first fix fault resolution where possible.
Our Technology Operations Centre (TOC) exists to deliver a full-service management capability for our critical operational technology services. This enables our Regional Operations Centres to successfully manage the strategic road network by using our services to operate roadside equipment, manage on-road resources and connect with our customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These technologies include those implemented at the roadside, telecommunications services, and the Regional Operations Centres.
The UTC Specialist is responsible for the management of incidents identified within the TOC relating to traffic signals faults. The new role to the team will have the autonomy to develop incident management for traffic signals, using their specialist knowledge of the service and the appropriate software tool UTC. This role supports the delivery of continual service improvement, enhancing outcomes for customers and stakeholders (internal and external) with the in-house expertise that allows greater analysis, insight and coordination of management activities related to roadside technology.
- Good understanding of the operation of traffic signals and control systems
- Experience in using Yunex Traffic Management system in some capacity is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of traffic control incident systems including Yunex UTC system is essential
- Experience monitoring, reporting and managing traffic signal faults, including understanding of faults and how they are resolved
- Experience working with traffic signal contractors to resolve faults
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience of leading on an incident and managing through to resolution
- Ability to translate and communicate accurate information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders / users
- Understanding of IT service and performance management processes and practices is desirable
- ITIL 4 foundation is preferable