Established global biopharmaceutical company focused on Neurology and Immunology with 7500+ employees worldwide.
Greater Boston, MA area
Vector Biology and Discovery Lead (Associate Director level)
The Vector Biology and Discovery Lead will be responsible for leading a team of experts focused on AAV capsid design, cargo engineering, vector optimization, and plan, design and construct structural biology experiments. Other responsibilities include:
- Leading strategy and implementation of vector engineering in the Gene Therapy Vector core
- Overseeing planning and rapid execution of transgene design, testing and optimization cycles including assessment of relevant biology in vitro/in vivo
- Leading global drug discovery project teams to advance therapeutic AAV projects towards the clinic
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field
- Direct AAV experience, ideally up to 5 years of industry
- Previous people management experience
- 3+ years of experience for mammalian cell culture, sterile technique, cloning and advanced cell biology techniques applicable to AAV based gene therapy
- Experience leading viral gene therapy drug discovery projects
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contact with further details.