VP Finance Systems
Reporting to: CFO, Group Finance
We require a seasoned service manager to establish a new support function, taking responsibility for a newly implemented SAP Finance module public cloud solution (multi-Tenant) that is currently being built as part of a finance transformation programme. The global design is being rolled out in a series of releases starting in October 2021, targeting to complete by the end of 2022. An RFP process is currently underway to select a third party support partner that will form part of the support model along with internal technical staff. The support function will work closely with other system owners to ensure the end-to-end business processes run smoothly, and will in due course take responsibility for other systems supporting the finance function. This role will be accountable to senior finance management for ensuring finance system users are trained and enabled to realise the full benefits of the solution, the systems are maintained and monitored to ensure continuous, reliable service, and systems are developed to support the continued evolution of the business and delivery of the Group's strategy.
- Establish the core SAP support model including management of third party support providers and internal staff
- Establish ways of working and formal OLAs with relevant internal teams
- Agree with programme delivery team interim support processes and responsibilities during build
- Product owner for SAP, with responsibility for the ongoing development of the system to support the Group's strategy
- Extend the support model to cover all other finance systems
- You will need to quickly get to grips with the implemented solution to enable you to manage the support services model - the scope of the implemented business processes and what tasks reside within the scope of the internal support team and what tasks are performed by the support partner.
- You will maintain a forward view of the service and of any service changes enabling service risks and issues to be managed and delivered to plan and business requirements.
- You will provide meaningful and regular formal updates to senior management, demonstrating the services in a measured way, you will also ensure the conversation is two way so that risks, issues and opportunities are captured, measured and reported.
- You will manage the internal SAP support team providing 1st and 2nd Level support to the solution as well as managing the relationship with the partner providing 3rd level and managing 4th level support from SAP.
- You will be the owner of the contractual relationship and day to day operational management of our 3rd party SAP support partner. You will partner with their Service Delivery Manager to ensure system issues are remediated and changes are implemented within defined service levels.
- You will own the relationship with SAP and be accountable for tracking the usage of system licences. As part of our legal & fiscal obligations, you will need to ensure that appropriate 'segregation of duties' rules are applied and maintained across the global template.
- You will provide internal reporting, aligned to an agreed schedule, ensuring that senior management are kept informed of how the services are being delivered, how services are being received, commercial tracking, all R&I are being managed and there are no surprises.
- You will be an active participant in the SAP user group community, maintaining good stakeholder relationships within the broader SAP community, and use insight from this extended network to shape the SAP estate development roadmap particularly for S/4HANA ERP and SAP Analytics Cloud.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- A strong communicator, influencer and facilitator, able to pull together the right people and 3rd parties to progress and resolve issues.
- The ability to maintain a level head under pressure, keep focussed on business priorities, and able to make decisions, make commitments and take action appropriately
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and understanding of stakeholder needs to deliver solutions and capitalise on opportunities
- Proven experience in SAP cloud service management, licence management & auditing
- Ability to manage suppliers and/or third parties, with proven experience of good commercial change management process
- Proven management disciplines including planning, tracking, governance and Risks and Issues management
- Experience of service transition and acceptance into service
- Familiar with role design and the application of Segregation of Duties within an SAP environment
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation