Project Manager - Financial Services / Banking
Remote, then Glasgow (perhaps 1-2 days a week)
£395pd - Inside IR35 (FCSA accredited umbrella required)
My client are interested in hearing from either PMs very strong on the shaping and ambiguity side of things or on the delivery end! This is to work on the upgrade of their AML sanctions screening platform.
Applicants with financial crime experience or regulatory exposure would be amazing, however PMs with FS / Banking backgrounds will also do the trick!
Our Strategy & Transformation group is responsible for the definition of our organisational strategy and bringing about transformational change to achieve the company's strategic priorities. The Strategic Projects capability within Strategy & Transformation is the key enabler for achieving this change. Its vision is to be recognised across the company as experts in delivering organisational change. Our Project Management competency is a key function within Strategic Projects and is accountable for achieving quality outcomes for the Bank.
As a Project Manager you will be part of a dynamic, professional and friendly team who are passionate about our exciting projects portfolio which includes Digital, Payments, data related projects and more. We're looking for innovative people capable of working closely with a Senior Project Manager, or Programme Director, as well as multiple internal stakeholders and third party suppliers. You will be responsible for managing your projects and stakeholders, through to successful completion.
The role is all about…
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team to successfully deliver the business and IT outcomes for our stakeholders and customers through the complete project lifecycle
- Identifying key resources and managing internal and external stakeholders to ensure project objectives are delivered
- Engaging senior stakeholders to shape the direction of the project; prepare and present key decisions for approval, articulating trade-offs between scope, solution, customer and operational impacts
- Managing the integration of complex IT systems, including 3rd parties, engaging relevant platform teams and applying appropriate oversight and control to achieve the overarching project plan
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and all governance, risk and regulated frameworks are adhered to throughout the project life cycle
- Understanding the context in which the project is delivering and anticipating challenges or blockers that may impede the team or identifying opportunities to join things up across the organisation to drive efficiency.
We need you to have…
- Excellent knowledge of project management disciplines, standards and processes in a large and complex environment with multiple delivery partners, preferably within the Financial Services Sector; with good project planning, management, estimation and decision analysis skills
- Experience using EPM or similar project management tools
- Experience of various project management approaches (including waterfall and/or agile)
- Experience of working in a challenging environment with multiple cross project dependencies
- Ability to lead a team of resources across multiple sites, whilst building solid business relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be capable of focusing and maintaining project direction and be able to lead and motivate a team of specialist technical and/or business resources, as well as management of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external 3rd party providers
- Experience of liaison with suppliers in terms of plan deliverables and problem resolution
- Managing projects with a number of moving parts together with good organisational skills and multi-tasking is a must as is the ability to making rigorous decisions at pace