Vice President, Clinical Operations Our mission at Capsida is to develop a new class of targeted gene therapies for patients with debilitating and life-threatening diseases. Our unique technology allows us to generate capsids that are optimized to target specific tissues and cells, with the goal of enhancing efficacy and safety. We are a rapidly growing private company, with an internal pipeline that is advancing toward IND, as well as a partnered pipeline with Abbvie and CRISPR. Our initial focus is on the CNS, with an eye toward expanding into additional disease areas.
The VP of Clinical Operations will have the opportunity to advance the pipeline into the clinic and build and lead the clinical operations group. In this role, you will be accountable for all aspects of implementation and execution of clinical trials and natural history studies, working with internal and external partners/vendors to ensure smooth trial execution, and applying both standard and innovative tactics to enhance enrollment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to build and lead the Clinical Operations organization, and collaborate with leaders across the company to help shape strategy.
- BS/BA, MS, or PhD in related field desirable
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with all aspects of global trial execution, including Phase 1/2 trials
- Demonstrated skills in CRO and vendor management, including budgeting, project management and negotiation
- Proven ability to lead clinical operations to ensure compliance, including maintenance of appropriate documentation, oversight of vendors and CROs, auditing of sites/vendors, and maintenance of TMFs
- Proven track record of leadership and achievement
- Experience hiring talent and building and leading teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate across multiple functions, including clinical development and manufacturing
- Ability to identify innovative approaches to advancing clinical development
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver results
- Neurology and/or gene therapy and/or rare disease experience highly desirable