My client a leading financial institution is currently looking for a Senior Service Support /3rd line Support Engineer. Ideally you will be experienced at a 3rd line level and be familiar with working with an EUC service team/environment.
You will need a proven career managing and developing Desktop Support services in mission critical environments.
The 3rd line Support Engineer is primarily responsible for proving technical leadership to the global Deskside Support and IT Administrative teams located in my clients global offices.
The role will deliver an enhanced technical support capability that takes ownership of the EUC service. The role will be responsible for the design and implementation of effective technical solutions required by the business as well as identifying and driving continual service improvement roadmaps for supported products and services.
Essential skills for the role;
- Must have strong experience working within 3rd line desktop support teams across multiple geographical locations.
- Must have good technical knowledge of supporting, deploying and managing Microsoft desktop operating systems, desktop applications and monitoring/management tools preferably in a Citrix VDI environment.
- Must have strong experience of application discovery, analysis, and packaging.
- Must have must a strong scripting experience
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory domain services, group policy and account management tooling.
- Strong knowledge of mobile communications, remote working technologies, desktop/video telephony services, unified communications and collaboration tools.
- Strong experience of providing cross training on technologies and operational processes. Ability to assess / identify knowledge gaps across technical teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to drive forward the key objectives of the team and the wider corporate goals.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong documentation and report writing skills (to both technical and business audiences).
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Solid knowledge of ITIL framework (Incident, Problem, Change and Request processes).
Desired skills for the role;
- Experience of working in highly secure and complex environments.
- Knowledge and experience of the following products:
- Liquidware suite (FlexApp and ProfileUnity)
- SCCM OSD and Task Sequences
- Automation experience using PowerShell
- Citrix Virtual Desktop