Accounts Receivable Assistant
I am currently recruiting for an outgoing, confident and driven Accounts Receivable assistant to join a growing online business in London. I am looking to speak to graduates who have about 6 months experience working in finance and looking for an opportunity to develop their career. Alternatively you can be a recent graduate who has had a couple of internships and looking for your first great role! This business is going through some really exciting changes and growing, there has never been a more perfect time to join them! Best part is - they have dogs in the office and you can bring your own!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will support the finance team in all aspects of the day-to-day debtors accounting and administration, with specific responsibility for issuing invoices/statements, collecting payments and preparing reconciliations related to the purchase ledger.
The finance team is an integral part of the business and your role is paramount to continuing success. If you love delivering world class service, love problem solving and being part of a fun and fast paced team, then this is the job for you!
- Issuing invoices and statements
- Responding to client queries
- Implementing policies that ensure timely payment
- Ensuring cash receipts are posted accurately into the finance system (SAP)
- Monitoring debtor account balances
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the Finance team where required
- Experience in invoicing is preferred
SKILLS & TRAITS REQUIRED
We're looking for a self-starter with a can-do, positive attitude and the desire and ambition to progress within a finance role. In addition, you'll need to demonstrate:
- A logical approach to dealing with work and managing workload
- Basic MS Excel and Word skills as a minimum
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage an array of client accounts situated over a wide-ranging geography
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders both internal and external
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Sense of fun
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Can do attitude, roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Inquisitive by nature, enjoy learning and developing
- Listen to others and challenge others respectfully
- Humility, admit and learn from mistakes
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Uses initiative to problem solve (in relation to invoice queries, payment queries etc)
- Upbeat & positive - see challenges as opportunities
- Passion for pets
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to join a successful e-commerce company during an exciting stage of growth.
All employees are currently working from home 3 days a week.