Investigo are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to support the International accounts team for a client based in Milton Keynes on a 6 month contract.
In the position of Assistant Accountant Milton Keynes you will be responsible for maintaining relationships and transactional support to US, Canadian and Asian business partners. You will manage overseas transactional reconciliations for VAT/Sales Tax, credit control and accounts payable.
- Debtors ledger management - chasing of outstanding debtor balances and collecting incoming cash to appropriate levels whilst maintaining good customer relationships. Ensure cash greater than 60 days is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Debtors ledger administration and maintenance including adjustments, queries, write offs, downloading documents from customer portals, posting and allocating cash and new account set ups.
- Assist in the set up and delivery of new sales initiatives are implemented, ensuring thorough testing and reconciliation prior to implementation, specifically drop shipping.
- Reconcile and process company VAT/Sales Tax returns, payments and submissions through the relevant government portals or external accountants.
- Process and submit Invoice and credit notes to our customer portals and accounting system, thoroughly checking for accuracy.
- Assist with quarterly loan facility audits and annual statutory audits
- Reconcile all customer statements to the accounting system, liaising directly with customers to improve the accuracy of our accounting records.
- Processing level 1 BAC's payments raised on the bank portal.
- Inputting and processing of supplier invoices to the accounts system. Ensure accuracy of cost detail including appropriate recording of VAT, expense coding and checking authorisation levels.
- Generating BAC's payments to suppliers to the relevant payment terms and ensuring Key suppliers and rents are paid to agreed dates.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience of International or European VAT
Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple projects
Able to represent Finance and build relationships with senior management across the business
Team player as you will assist colleagues during busy month end periods
£25,000 to £28,000 plus benefits (remote working with 1 day a week in the office)