Assistant Payroll Manager
up to £35k + 10% bonus and other benefits
I am looking for a driven, hard working and commercially aware Assistant Payroll Manager who is ready to take the next step in their career and further develop their payroll experience. This role is working for a progressive Brand with over 200 restaurants and stores across the UK & Ireland! Due to the nature of the role, multi-site experience is required
In this role, you will report to the Payroll Manager and will support the processing of 14 payrolls across all the brands, covering over 200 restaurants and stores across the UK and Ireland. Ensuring compliance with employment, taxation and pensions legislations and that reporting deadlines are continually met. You will work closely with stakeholders and provide payroll data and analysis to the wider finance team for monthly reports, as well as ad hoc projects as required. You will also manage the relationship with the outsourced payroll bureau.
Purpose of the role:
As Assistant Payroll Manager you will take responsibility for processing multi-site hourly paid payrolls; ensuring that the payroll bureau have all the information they need, that reports are sent to the operational teams and the relevant approvals have been made before payment is made within the agreed timescales and pay dates.
You will be responsible for
- Process multiple payrolls, 4 weekly & monthly across the group's brands in the UK and Ireland.
- Act as deputy to the Payroll manager.
- Check information is correct for payroll processing.
- Serve as a contact for payroll queries - providing advice and guidance in respect of payroll and procedures. Work closely with HR and management accountants in this regard.
- Delivery to agreed timescales, including Payments of Payroll Disbursements to third parties (e.g. childcare vouchers) and salaries to employees on agreed pay dates.
- Ensures that Payrolls are appropriately approved.
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC and other Statutory Legislation with regards to Payroll including Taxable Benefits (e.g. P11d's).
- Assist in training the Payroll Assistant.
- Ensure pension administration and payments (for NEST) are processed accurately and on time.
- Post payroll journals into the accounting system and produce balance sheets each period
Experience, skills and Behaviours required
- Excellent accuracy and Attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Essential)
- Experience using a payroll system like Fourth Hospitality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisation skills
- An understanding of relevant payroll and tax legislation
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Employer pension contribution 3%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Income Protection & Life Assurance
- Access to WeCare employee assistance programme & well-being services for you and your family
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel Loan
- Eyecare vouchers
- 50% discount at their restaurants