Stealth-mode AAV gene therapy and engineering company
Greater Los Angeles, CA area
Sr. Scientist/Associate Director, Upstream AAV Process Development - permanent, full-time
This individual will oversee an upstream process development team, creating a platform aimed at scaling up and manufacturing multiple novel capsids and gene therapy products. This person will lead a team focused on implementing a robust and reproducible production process to accommodate large-scale production and tech transfer to a GMP manufacturing facility.
- MS or PhD in a relevant, scientific background with a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in a biotech, pharma or academic setting
- Experience producing viral vectors in adherent or suspension platforms; prior experience working with gene therapy vectors strongly preferred
- Understanding of bioengineering principles related to cell culture scale-up and bioreactors
- Knowledge of viral vector production platforms and testing methods
- Bioreactor operations or development experience
- Experience with AAV vector production strongly preferred
- Previous experience leading a team
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now to be contacted with further details. This is not a fully remote role.