Role: Java Developer
Contract Length: 6 Months with 6 months extension
Pay Rate: £550-650/day
Security Clearance: BPSS/ DBS
Interview Process: MAZE Test followed by 2nd interview
● Recent experience with Java 8 (or newer) microservice architectures.
● Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
● Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
● Have experience in AWS/Azure
● Experience of working in an Agile environment
● Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
● Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
● Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
● Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
● Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
● Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
● Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
● Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
● Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
● Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
● Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes
It would also be desirable to:
* Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, Mockito, ActiveMQ
* Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
* Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
* Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage