up to £27K
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Billings specialist to join a Global Logistics organisation with impressive growth and development opportunities. You will be responsible for the creation and distribution of sales invoices relating to the businesses delivery services. Strong excel skills and attention to detail are key.
The Billing Services function has responsibility for the calculation, creation and distribution of sales invoices globally, together with the input of invoices for local, Bought in Services and the credit control function. The function also has responsibility for credit note creation.
Reporting to the Manager, Specialist Billing Services, this role is responsible for compiling billing and issuing invoices for a range of prestigious clients within the supply chain.
Purpose of Role:
- To work, under direction, on manually compiling (Excel-based) monthly charges for a range of clients then discussing the proposed charge with the relevant Project Manager before raising the invoice and ensuring it is correctly loaded onto the Clients' portals.
- Additionally, the wider Billing Services team (c.140 team members, globally) is responsible for collecting payment on outstanding invoices and will, from time to time, require input and information from this team regarding invoice charges.
- Monthly calculations (manual, often following discussion and interaction with other global teams) which go towards an accurate invoice to send to the Client
- Ensuring invoices are sent to Clients on a timely basis, in line with their Contractual requirements
- Providing assistance in cost identification relating to projects
- Assistance in providing information to support overdue debt collection
- Assistance in the creation of credit notes
- Knowledge of MS Office applications is preferable - in particular Excel
- Ability to listen and to follow direction in the completion of the task
- Confidence to recommend alternate ways of data preparation
- Finance/Billing related experience where possible
- If no previous work experience then relevant academic qualifications will be considered