Business Analyst - Manufacturing
- Build a sound understanding of the Manufacturing function, understanding trends, challenges, risks and opportunities and visibility of how other businesses are using technology for competitive advantage (Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends)
- Build and maintain an understanding of the technology landscape, researching emerging trends and how to exploit for our business benefit and value.
- Requirements elicitation and management-
- Create compelling business cases
- Support the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options- Understand information and data analysis requirements. Prototype and co-design for innovative solutions. Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business and technology teams- ensuring they are consistent with the overall business and IT strategy. This may include the evaluation of 3rd party solutions.
- Identify opportunities for business-led delivery. Provide consultative support on business-led technology projects.
- Engage with Manufacturing team members to run Technology supplier sourcing and selection activities (RFx processes), and commercial negotiations / supplier onboarding processes (define/refine criteria's to be considered)
- Deliver solutions that support architectural objectives, obtaining input from the Enterprise Architecture capability. Support enterprise digital strategy and organizational change. Identify solution interdependencies and commonalities across the organisation, and opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services. Guide solution options and business partner decision making towards target architecture.
- Support and actively engage in end to end delivery of Technology projects from design,
· Minimum 3/preferred 5-7 years' experience in similar Business Analyst role
· Background in Manufacturing (focus on Manufacturing environments ERP/MIS/MES/QmS, Plant Maintenance, system integrators, etc; from Plant floor systems to Management and Executive Suite overview), curious for a deeper knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills
· Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business.
· Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer / business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Experience of delivering requirement artefacts according to defined standards including user stories, using business language. Has a customer focused approach ensuring that changes delivered provide value to the business
· Ability to influence decision making, comfortable with challenging for a better result
· Experience of working with teams in multiple locations, and remotely
· Ability to gather high quality business requirements, and analyse these to devise solutions
· Ability to support existing IT applications - fault-finding, analysis and recommending appropriate corrective actions
· CPG industry experience
· Experience of working in a fast-paced international business, comfortable with change and ambiguity. Able to deliver change to the business.
· Thirst for knowledge, questions, seeks to understand and continues to learn. Excited by and keeps up to date with latest Technology developments. Proactively looking outside and proposing ideas
· A self-manager and motivator, able to prioritise and recognise when ownership and escalation appropriate
· Ability to work in a matrix organisation
· Awareness of Cyber Security and Information Security