Warehouse Logistics & Transportation
The Business Analyst performs a vital role in providing a seamless relationship between Technology and Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation business function. Acting as a 'trusted advisor and bringing to bear a combination of strong business acumen skills and technology expertise, they will work with international Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation teams across the company to help improve functional processes and systems and solutions.
Provision of IT support and lifecycle management for the Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation application landscape, they will work closely with 3rd party technical teams.
This role will cover business functions across the businesses. The role will be based in the Poland, with occasional international travel to other offices, including France, Switzerland, Thailand, China, Australia, UK and USA
- Develop close and trusted relationships with warehouse operations functional teams, maximizing the solutions efficiencies expected to be delivered by selected technologies.
- Develop close and trusted relationships with Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation teams. Work to understand their goals, strategic plans, challenges and capability agenda, and how Technology can support them to deliver these.
- Understanding of the Warehouse operations, challenges, risks and opportunities and visibility of how other businesses are using technology for competitive advantage (Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends). Understanding company goals, strategic plans, and how warehouse Operations Logistics & Transportations planned projects can support them to deliver these.
- Drive Joint Business and Technology Plans (contribute to the quality priorities for global Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation services selections.)
- Build a sound understanding of the Warehouse, Logistics & Transportation function, understanding trends, challenges, risks and opportunities and visibility of how other businesses are using technology for competitive advantage (Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends)
- Build and maintain an understanding of the technology landscape, researching emerging trends and how to exploit for our business benefit and value.
- Guide the discovery workshops to help warehouse operations to assess the target operating model and the new warehouse /logistics processes in conjunction with required automation and process optimizations.
- Support enterprise technology and digital strategy. Identify solution interdependencies and commonalities, and opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services. Guide solution options and business partner decision making towards target architecture.
- Enrich Warehouse Infrastructures - Ensure that the security working practices (policies and procedures) are fully implemented in warehouse systems, in liaison with required Warehouse BCP
- Define the support model and way of working for applications support in remit of SaaS and ITIL standard; ensure that the Technical Services are meeting the required criteria for optimal support of Warehouse operations, and in case of outages the appropriate standard way of working (ITIL) standards are followed.
· Minimum 3/preferred 5-7 years' experience in similar Warehouse Business analyst or Warehouse Automations Logistic/Transportation roles (with focus on Warehouse environments ERP- SAP S4/Hana /EWS/WMS/WCS and 3rd party integrators for IoT, AI and auxiliary systems (robots, palletisers, forklifts, AGV's etc;) driving automation and process optimizations with 3PL's integrations.
· Background in Computer Science, curious for a deeper knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills
· Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business.
· Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
· Strong understanding of the business and project management skills, including identifying project risks, impacts and mitigating actions and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Strong Customer Focused and Service Level Orientated approach ensuring that project delivered provide value to the business
· Ability to influence decision making, comfortable with challenging for a better result
· Experience of working with teams in multiple locations, and remotely
· Ability to gather high quality business requirements, and analyse these to devise solutions
· Ability to support existing IT applications - fault-finding, analysis and recommending appropriate corrective actions (ITIL Standards)
· CPG industry experience
· Experience of working in a fast-paced international business, comfortable with change and ambiguity. Able to deliver change to the business.
· Thirst for knowledge, questions, seeks to understand and continues to learn. Excited by and keeps up to date with latest Technology developments. Proactively looking outside and proposing ideas
· A self-manager and motivator, able to prioritise and recognise when ownership and escalation appropriate
· Ability to work in a matrix organisation
· Awareness of Cyber Security and Information Security