Business Intelligence Analyst // Insurance // London Market // Lloyds // Qlikview // SQL // Power BI
A London Market Insurance client has a requirement for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to work closely with the business and technology partners to define, develop, test and implement production analytical processes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with prior business intelligence experience in the insurance industry
* Perform Data Acquisition, Preparation and Exploration.
* Explore new data sources and work with business partners to determine how to extract the value of the data.
* Run pilots and proofs of concept working with colleagues to refine.
* Incorporate core data management competencies
* Data governance, data security, data quality.
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently perform Data Acquisition, Preparation and Exploration: reviews, prepares, basic design, and integrates data. Able to correct minor problems and implements data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Apply moderate and develops basic data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Work closely with technology partners to define and review design, development, testing and implementation of production processes.
- Present simple data visualisations to help support data exploration as needed.
- Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Operationalise and automate well defined simple data products independently.
- Build, test, and implement simple analytic processes, including pilots and proof of concept.
- Assist in training business users on data products/analytic environment. Delivers basic training.
Key experience required:
- Insurance Industry experience is ESSENTIAL
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred. Examples (but not limited to):
- Programming languages - SAS, SQL, Spark, Python, Hive, AWS
- Visualisation platforms: QlikView, Tableau and Qlik Sense