A Global client of ours who prides themselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year-on-year have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional newly qualified Accountant to join their finance team in Leeds due to an internal promotion. Hybrid working - 2 days a week from the office. Occasional travel to Head Office in London.
The Finance Manager will lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial strategy, controls and management information for the Business Unit ( circa £40m with huge growth plans). Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage. The Finance Manager will report to the Business Unit Director and Senior Finance Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Control - Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit. Continually review, maintain, and improve cash-flow, margins, and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
- Reporting - Prepare accurate Business Unit reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, and detailed Project Profitability reporting. Profit & Loss forecasts & annual plans. Adhoc reporting as requested by Business Unit or Divisional Management. Review Contract and Business Unit P&L results and challenge
- Manage and Develop Lead Contract Support/Contract Support team - Recruit, induct, manage, motivate and develop team. Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
- Business Relationships - Monthly formal Contract and Business Unit reviews. Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on underperforming contracts
- Added Value - Provide financial and contract support leadership and direction in the Business Unit. This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge. Use specialist knowledge and experience to provide insight and influence to impact performance standards. Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of staff. Act as a specialist partner to the Business Unit Director to both advise and challenge senior management on performance.
- Contract and finance management - Build and develop high level relationships with business and account leaders, central finance teams, customers, and external agencies (e.g., auditors). Constantly improve quality, service, and efficiency. Communicate regularly with contract financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and achievements. Identify, analyse, and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
- Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong management accounting and analytical skills are essential.
- The person should have the skills to manage and develop the contract support team.
- This role requires a person, who has a strong customer focus, promotes team spirit, boosts morale and who subscribes to the Company ethos of continual improvement.
- It is likely to suit an individual who is self motivated, reliable, and professional. They should be able to exercise an attention to detail which will be paramount to delivering the required job performance levels.
- Strong communication skills