Cash & Reconciliations Manager
up to £45k
6 month FTC
I am currently recruiting for a Cash & Reconciliations manager working for one of the Largest Leading Restaurant Companies on a 6 month Fixed Term contract. You will need to have at least 4 years experience in a similar role and have managed / supervised at least 1 person.
The Cash Book manager is a pivotal role within the finance function. There will be a specific focus on streamlining process and automating accounting alongside the accounts receivable department. Whilst maintaining their general ledger, bank reconciliations and relationship with their bank.
Reporting into the Head of Finance Transactions you will enjoy striving to make process improvements and enhancing the control environment. The role will take ownership in ensuring all aspects cash book ledgers are managed effectively and efficiently. This is a busy role and quickly forming excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues will be key.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
Maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger
- Posting Sales to the GL in a timely, accurate basis
- Ensuring all sites are collected and missing sites reported
- Maintaining the Daily Sales Reconciliation spreadsheet, noting and updating as required
Completing Daily Bank Reconciliation
- Collating relevant data to complete Daily Bank Reconciliation, Including Barclays Balances and Transactions
- Ensuring all balances agree to both GL and Bank Statement, this may involve communicating with various departments including Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, amongst others
- Ensuring Cash and Credit Card receipts are received in a timely manner
- Taking a weekly "snapshot" of outstanding cash receipts at end of week
Completing Daily Cashflow Statement
- Taking data from Daily Bank Statement and entering into relevant columns of Cashflow to arrive at a Daily Total Inflow/Outflow.
- Ensuring the Balances of the Bank Statement totals equal the Total Transactions of the Cashflow
Making Payments from the Bank
- Ensuring all payments are completed as requested and released to the bank following the bank's schedule of timings for transmission of payments. Payments may be local (UK) or International
- All payments reconciled daily prior to COP and ensuring released at correct time (Chaps)
- Posting journals to reflect the payments made each day
Period End Reconciliations
- 4 Key Bank Accounts reconciled monthly, including Bank Accounts
- Cash-In-Transit (CIT) analysed as part of EOP Bank Rec Process
- Ensuring all journals posted accurately reflect the nature of the transactions involved. Journals posted by other departments may need chasing at each Period End
- Maintaining a close relationship with key bank staff including Account Manager, Client Service Department and others
- Addressing admin responsibilities such as adding Directors to Bank Mandate, updating Direct Debit Mandates
- Attending ad-hoc meetings with bank, normally on a "Meet-and-Greet" basis
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
- 5+ years' experience within a similar role
- Experience in a multi-site sector such a food or retail
- Strong Excel and systems knowledge (GroupIt/Aurum & CODA experience would be beneficial)
- Strong communicator with clear verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Passionate, focused and driven to deliver results, knowledgeable about the restaurant industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively and drive change
- AR experience would be beneficial for long term growth within the business