Investigo's major client is seeking an experienced Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical expertise in support of initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on design of the systems and services that run on cloud platforms. Additionally, the Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimised for higher availability and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including Azure, AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate expertise and ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Build and Maintain technology roadmaps ensuring due diligence and a realistic implementation path
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. Acts as the ambassador and technical representative for Cloud Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid-based implementations and solutions. Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the company environments. Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- 8 years' experience with Cloud Architect and/or Engineering.
- 5 years' experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of cloud and security technologies and processes within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modelling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Certifications in TOGAF, ITIL and / or other related certifications
- Fluent command of oral and written English as the corporate language; knowledge of any other language would be an advantage