A large Government client are seeking a Content Designer/Communications Specialist to join their HR team on an initial 6 month contract based remotely for the foreseeable.
As our content designer, you'll:
- redesign existing HR content into the most appropriate format, with the key aim of making sure it's as useful and used as possible
- develop new content that can be used across our external and internal channels. This will include multimedia such as videos, animations and infographics
- lead on the creation of written content for our internal channels. This will include polls, news articles and all staff emails
- build relationships and work closely with other teams (such as HR, finance, facilities and our corporate office) to promote key HR projects
- manage specific HR content projects from initial discussion through to evaluation
- promote user-centred content design throughout the organisation, helping others to understand and work with the benefits of these principles to improve the quality and impact of our content
- implement accessibility, style and other content standards to reinforce our employee brand and impact
- proactively identify news stories that add benefit for staff and ensure they are kept engaged and informed on all matters relating to HR
- develop content for internal onboarding process
To be considered for this role, you'll need to:
- have outstanding writing skills, with experience of writing and editing using a style guide and plain English
- have similar experience of working in a content design role
- have experience of producing content that meets WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards
- have a good understanding of the importance of accessibility and usability in content design
- be able to give communications advice and support to directors, managers and other staff
- have good negotiation and persuasive skills
- have experience of working across multidisciplinary teams
- be able to explain content decisions to non-experts
- have experience of creating dynamic content using programmes like Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- be able to handle constructive criticism of your work and to constructively review other people's work.
Please contact Lauren Pocknell ASAP to find out more.