I am partnering with a global business based in Hemel Hempstead who are looking for a couple of Credit Controllers to join the dynamic team, and manage the full credit control process for their ledger. They are an industry leader who serve millions of people daily, and need ambitious and proactive individuals to join their client focused team.
Responsibilities of a Credit Controller
- Ownership of your own ledger ensuring that all due invoices are paid according to contractual terms and the company's Credit Policy.
- Liaising with clients via telephone, email and letter to ensure the prompt payment.
- Log all disputes accurately and with precise information in the query management system, ensuring a resolution in a timely manner.
- Sending regular statements and completing reconciliations for your Key Clients.
- Responsible for the daily downloads directly from the bank. Matching transactions to payments by client and updating systems to reflect the payment.
- Regular engagement with the Billing Team to drive efficiency.
- Assist with the management of the shared Credit Control and Sales ledger mailbox, promptly assisting with any incoming queries.
Experience required in a Credit Controller
- Relevant accounting qualification (Institute of Credit Management / AAT) is preferred but full training will be given
- Experience in financial shared services/credit control environment would be beneficial
- Strong user of Microsoft Office range, Powerpoint, Word & Excel.
- Good communication skills with confidence and experience to work at management level.
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team