This is a 9 month opportunity for a Finance Analyst working in an FMCG / manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:-
- Provide insight into performance and support the Group Finance team in understanding the management accounts.
- Weekly cashflow reporting.
- Weekly Trading Report.
- Reporting required for monthly Board Meeting and Monthly Sales meeting.
- Analysis of cost base and investigation of variances.
- Forecasting (Commercial forecast and cash flow)
- Budget and Quarterly Re-forecast - manage Budget process and including assumptions, Risks/Opportunities and stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure you understand Balance Sheet and Working capital position of the business - Accruals, prepayments and provisions to be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Monthly review of overheads with key business partners.
Decision Support & Projects
- Improve management information in terms of quality and insight.
- Supporting & Influencing key commercial decisions - rounded opinions & clear recommendations.
- Proactive analysis & insight - identifying specific issues and opportunities.
- Support or lead projects to improve the business. (New Product Development, Capex, Process improvement).
- Work with Heads of Departments to help them understand their P&L account / cost base.
- Challenge business partners to clarify assumptions and drive business performance.
- Proactively build good working relationships with all internal stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and general Office applications.