Finance Business Analyst
£73,000 + Package
Hybrid - Hemel Hempstead
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Business Analyst role will involve partnering with subject matter experts (Process Owners) in the relevant Group and Divisional functions to understand requirements, design solutions to support them, and act as functional subject matter expert for that process and solutions on an ongoing basis including governing the enhancement process for their specific area.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Partner with the Group and Divisional stakeholders (where appropriate) to understand the goals and objectives of each function with respect to process automation and continuous improvement
- Build and maintain relationships with Global Business Process Owner to shape and prioritise process improvements and ERP enhancements.
- SupportsBEM to:
- Create a roadmap of activity which meets the function objectives.
- Develop a project charter that prioritises process improvement activities to deliver maximum benefit again investment
- Works with assigned Project Manager to:
- Effectively shape and resource a project to deliver the relevant objectives.
- Engage with other functional stakeholders to consider improvement/initiative impacts.
- Coordinates and works closely with Functional Leads, Project Team Members and local Business Users to translate requirements into functional capabilities and technical solutions. Follows defined technology and business process best practices in eliciting business requirements for each Delivery, influencing cross functional collaboration and coordination in solving business/solution problems
- Conduct process design workshops to define process changes & gaps between 'as-is' and 'to-be'.
- Partner with third party system integrators to define specific system requirements required to support projects/initiatives or Transformations
- Helps ensure the quality and integrity of the solutions introduced through Functional testing, working closely with Divisional Leads and Testers.
- Works closely with Technology Delivery and Divisional Business Partners in validating the integrity of the solution(s) introduced, including: 1.) System Testing, 2.) Coordination of UAT, and 3.) Coordination of Regression Testing (where appropriate). Develop process training material and ensure process and system knowledge is embedded across the Business.
- Ensure system and business processes are adequately documented
- Design ongoing support model for service / solutions, considering all aspects of people, process, data and technology and supports Project Manager to cost the model.
- Works with Service Management and EA to manage the ongoing roadmap for the solutions including:
- Support as needed enhancements process including validating new requirements.
- Working with technology teams to understand new releases/upgrades required and assessing when and how to implement them.
- Ensuring that benefits of the solution are tracked on an ongoing basis.
- Partnering on a continuous improvement program.
- Identifying areas where people capability and data management can be improved.
- Excellent MS Office skills;
- SAP Experience
- Have significant experience of working on IT and business driven projects with examples of successful delivery, with specific understanding of relevant business processes
- Previous experience of defining the requirements & data model for management accounting & profitability analysis either through previous implementations or Business Process re-engineering projects
- Evidence of a continuous improvement approach in previous roles
- Experience of end to end process management and IT automation for a specific Function.
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering industry
- Experience of managing Business Process Re-engineering projects
- Applications testing lifecycle
- AMS partner & vendor management
- Governance mindset and alignment to Service management
- Minimum standards (e.g. LSS GB qualified, problem solving, business case development, design thinking, ITIL, EA baseline.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organisational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources, ability to adapt to change, and attention to detail
- Capable of exercising independent judgment and recognising the critical impacts to the business. Strong business acumen and excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multi-cultural business environment
- Self-starting independent individual who can shape an agenda and drive it
- Able to build effective relationships with Business and IT counterparts and stakeholders, consulting and driving outcomes.
- Apply subject matter expertise, and identify and solve problems quickly
- Creative, innovative and able to successfully seek and seize opportunities as they develop
- Flexibility, with the ability to work additional hours and in a variety of different business tasks as needed