Investigo are currently partnered with an environmental consultancy based in central London who are looking for a finance Manager to act as a financial business partner for their Group team.
This role will suit a capable accountant with both practice and industry experience who can act as a go between from group finance and heads of other internal cost centres.
Salary on offer is up to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Due to the growth of the business, a need has arisen for a new role: Finance Manager Head Office. There are two principal aspects to the role:
- Group Costs: Act as a Business Partner to cost centre holders. Group costs are recharged to our Head Office company and redistributed to BUs via our Transfer Pricing model. We currently have 17 Group cost centres, with an annual gross spend of $60m. In particular, IT is our largest cost centre with gross annual spend of approx.. $20m. There is a well-established monthly reporting process for Group cost centres, but we need to leverage these reports and work with the cost centre holders to better analyse spend and provide support for to cost centre owners.
- Acquisitions: The Acquisitions team typically completes 2 to 3 acquisitions per year. The Finance aspects of the post-acquisition integration work are dealt with by a Finance lead in the country / region of the acquired business. As we continue to grow and make more acquisitions, the need has arisen for a central resource to work with the Finance leads, to develop best practice and ensure consistency of approach.
It is anticipated that the split of the role will be approximately 70% Group Costs 30% Acquisitions. This will vary depending on the volume of acquisition activity.
The role includes management of the Group Accountant, who is responsible for existing aspects of Group Cost reporting, and the Accounts Payable Assistant.
The principal requirements of the role are set out below:
- Monthly reviews of group cost reports prepared by Group Accountant, to understand costs incurred and variance to budget
- Meeting regularly with cost centre holders to review cost centre spend and understand how future plans may impact cost and budget
- Complete management of IT cost centre, including preparation of monthly reports. This cost centre needs particularly close attention and will include: review of recharges to BUs; supporting IT procurement in commercial elements of contract negotiation; and review of proposals to determine capex / opex classification
- Management of Budgeting and Forecasting process for Group cost centres
- Oversee Transfer Pricing. Work with Group Tax team to determine best practice and structure of model. Review quarterly recharges prepared by Group Accountant.
- Review and development of controls and processes around all aspects of group costs (e.g. employee expense claims, invoice procurement, bank controls etc. )
- Review and development of group policies- documentation, communication and training to BUs
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Management of two people
- Establish ownership and expertise in integration management across Finance domain. Improve consistency of integration approach.
- Provide support for Finance roles engaged in integration. Where necessary/appropriate undertake due diligence /integration activities with/for assigned Finance lead
- Define key integration events, associated workflows and supporting tools/templates for each activity
- Monitor progress and work with the various internal stakeholders to ensure all tasks are completed within the required timeframe
- ACA/CIMA accountancy qualification
- Good excel skills - ability to consolidate and analyse large amounts of data in multiple currencies
- Attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Process driven
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to work independently and self-manage to ensure deadlines are met.
- Good interpersonal skills - develop working relationship with cost centre holders, including engaging with non-UK based staff.