12 Month Contract working for one of the largest FTSE businesses in the UK. Through the pandemic this organisation went from strength to strength going from FTSE 50 to FTSE 15.
This is a key role in the Corporate Reporting fuction with exposure to country FDs across the business. This would suit a ACA/ CA or someone on their travels to the UK for a couple of years.
Duties & Responsiblities -
- Ensure the group is compliant with all current accounting standards (IFRS), listing rules (UK LSE) and all other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Review proposed and ongoing developments in all current accounting standards (IFRS), listing rules (UK LSE) and all other relevant regulatory requirements to ensure the group is prepared for the adoption of new standards / requirements.
- Review and revise key finance policies as the group moves towards a more efficient operating model.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures in line with evolving business requirements of the Group.
- Own the accounting for leases, revenue recognition and trade investment.
- Helping to drive the accounting of significant corporate transactions, including acquisitions, creation of joint ventures and disposals Help advise management on the commercial impact of new policies and accounting requirements.
- Build strong relationships across wide geographies in order to effectively support operational finance teams and ensure consistency in the interpretation and application of Reckitt accounting treatments and finance policies.
- Work with the external auditors (KPMG) to ensure policies and treatments are appropriate and acceptable.
- Liaise effectively with the external auditors, together with key internal stakeholders, in order to ensure the year-end audit runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Support and coach other members of the wider Corporate Control team, contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team, add value and develop performance and play an integral role in the ongoing organisational transformation.