Financial Accountant/ Finance Analyst for a Food Production business - circa £30m t/o
Duration: 6-month contract - with a view of going permanent
Location: West Northamptonshire - commutable from Northampton, Daventry, Rugby, Crick - initially a split of home/office working
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the accounting of revenue and cost of goods sold on the P&L side and Stock, Fixed Assets and Lease related balance sheet control accounts. In addition, a key area is the completion, checking and submission of Group reporting packs, covering monthly results, Budgets, and forecasts, to a group issued timetable.
The position involves significant use of multiple complex spreadsheet models to compile data.
- Group Reporting of monthly results
- Month end accounting for stock and stock provisions
- Accounting for Fixed Assets, Operating leases, and Depreciation
- Calculation, accounting and admin of Customer and Supplier rebates
- Compiling Sales forecast (Quarterly process)
- Rolling forward and updating Budget and Forecast Models
- Customer pricing matrix for a key account
- Collating the initial draft of monthly Management reports
- Support in year end Audit and Tax process.
- Ad-hoc analysis for FD and Financial Controller
Can be QBE or studying at the intermediate stages of the ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- MS office including Excel to an upper intermediate/advanced level. Candidates may be expected to demonstrate Excel competence by way of a practical test.
- Good understanding of Double entry, Chart of Accounts, and cost centres
- Organised, able to manage own work and resolve issues.
- Confident and articulate.