Our client are looking to recruit a financial control tester to a key project team preparing for the UK internal controls legislation roll out. The role will support the Group Finance Assurance Team and Global Process Owners to initially perform process walk throughs and control design effectiveness testing against detailed risk and control matrices for key financial processes. This will require clear understanding of these standards and need to interpret, explain and apply them to the financial processes.
Key activities within the role include:
- Testing the design effectiveness of the risk and control matrices for key financial processes and identifying control gaps
- Assist in developing appropriate mitigating controls to ensure risks relating to key financial processes are appropriately managed
- Assist in maintaining deficiency logs and in monitoring remedial activities
- Selecting samples and conducting operating effectiveness testing for controls
- Assisting in scoping processes and entities to be included in controls testing
- Assist in creating, maintaining and updating process maps and risk and control matrices as changes or amendments to process are identified
- Assist in training and establishing understanding for control operators and process owners of Group control and testing standards.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience of financial audits or financial control testing programmes such as Sarbanes Oxley.