Investigo are partnering a high growth private equity backed business services company, to recruit a Financial Controller.
The role will be responsible for all financial reporting and management of a newly acquired business. This will include managing a small finance team, preparing statutory accounts and monthly management accounts, cash management and finance system overview.
You will be based in the local Surrey office, but be expected to travel to acquired company offices 2-3 days a week whilst going through the integration process.
Main responsibilities - in respect of new acquisition
- Ownership of production of monthly management accounts pack
- Monthly Contract Finance Reviews - ownership of the production and reporting of all contract and overhead packs, inc. P&Ls and working capital analysis
- Creation of annual budgets for all contracts and overhead functions, including fleet, customer supporting team and back office functions
- Owning the quarterly forecasting process for the contracts and overhead functions
- Preparation of standard cost rates inc. annual reviews
- Producing weekly utilisation reports with insightful analysis
- Ensuring all ad-hoc jobs are invoiced in a timely manner
- Liaison with auditors and preparation of statutory accounts and tax
- VAT reporting
- Payroll management
- All financial administration
- Strict balance sheet control
- Assist senior management in making decisions by interpreting financial results and identify and address issues which affect business performance.
- Engage in proactive analysis of business data and contracts and report on key findings appropriately.
- Lead on migration from current Sage finance system to Access
- Projects and deliverables - to manage, track and report the financial objectives and key milestones of projects, clearly documenting ownership of deliverables and savings generated.
- Active involvement in improving reporting and processes across Finance
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of business combinations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- A real team player with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Possess high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel