Investigo are recruiting for a Financial Controller for an exciting 12-month FTC that has strong potential to move to permanent, for a multinational business based in London. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your skills and make a real difference in a growing business.
The role is paying from £75,000 - £85,000 commensurate with experience.
- Develop a detailed understanding of contract portfolio, specifically material and poor performing contracts through review and challenge of accounting papers, and financial models on a quarterly basis
- Manage month end process, compiling and reviewing/commenting on P&L, OCF, key BS drivers (accrued revenue, aged debt), i/co matching
- Lead on making changes to business reporting structure and to improve efficiency and control. This involves working closely with Group Finance, Financial Systems team and Shared Service Centre.
- Lead on driving efficiency in monthly close process - what processes can be moved to Shared Service Centre, what are the key metrics and reports required.
- Ensure the BU Group consolidation submissions are correctly presented and submitted, validate and check for errors/inconsistencies
- Detailed review of aged debt and accrued income to ensure Group policy on provisioning is being adhered to and to ensure business is taking action to maximise cash flow
- Provide additional IFRS disclosures for half year and full year reporting
- Deliver BU budget/forecast/strategic plan to Divisional CEO and FD along with analysis to highlight key assumptions, judgement, risks and opportunities
- Attend business budget/plan meetings with MDs, FD and CEO and provide appropriate challenge in order to identify the above
- Detailed understanding of finance specific budgets, identifying opportunities to reduce overheads
- Maintaining latest rolling forecasts and BU outturn including detailed risks and opportunities schedule. Ensure appropriate action is being taken to mitigate risks and land opportunities.
- Run the annual review of balance sheet reconciliations across the business unit to improve quality and compliance
- Detailed review of all elements of UK statutory accounts and reconciliations, providing technical support to statutory accounts team at FSSC.
- Train, develop and manage a team of three
- Qualified Accountant CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA with 8 years' + PQE experience of managing a finance function in a substantial business, preferably operating in a business services environment
- Demonstrable FP&A experience delivering budgets and forecasts for large businesses with multiple operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers
- Highly organised with an excellent ability to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Strong performance manager with drive and enthusiasm to succeed as part of a team and deliver outstanding results
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated with a flexible approach to demands of the role
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills
- Strong ethical and professional values
- Strong technical ability with experience of concluding on technical accounting matters
- Attention to detail, this is a small team where the individual will need to be hands on
If this role is of interest to you and you would like further information, then please send your CV to Liam Stubbs at Investigo on email@example.com.